Dishtowel or Teatowel
3 yards of 1 in. grosgrain ribbon for ties
1/3 yard fabric or fat quarter for top & pocket
Optional: 1 yard rickrack
- Fold towel in half lengthwise to determine center.
- Open towel, then fold top corners to the back side. The top of your apron should measure 9 1/2 in. and the angle sides should measure 13 in. Press
- Measure 2 in. away from pressed edge and trim away the excess fabric using pinking sheers.
- To make lower pocket, cut a piece of fabric 6 1/2 in. x 20 1/2 in. (or width of towel plus 1 in.). Fold long edges over 1/4 in. then again 1/4 in.. Press. Top stitch top edge. Add rickrack to top edge if desired.
- Fold short edges and remaining long edges over 1/2 in. Press. Stitch pocket unit to bottom of towel stitching 1/8 in. from folded edge. Divide into 3 equal sections and stitch to make pockets.
- To make decorative top, cut a piece of fabric 4 1/2 in. x 16 in. (or width of towel top plus 1 in.). Cut short ends to match angle leaving 1/2 in. inseam allowance. Fold all edges over 1/2 in.. Press. Stitch this unit to the top of your towel keeping your stitching line 1/8 in. away from the folded edge. Add rickrack if desired.
- Stitch 1 1/2 in. from pressed edge to form casing for ribbon. Thread ribbon through casings.
Wear and enjoy!